Canines possess approximately 300 million scent receptors, which is 60 times as many as the average human. It has been demonstrated that viral infections lead to the release of odor molecules called volatile organic compounds (VOCs). These VOCs then enter the air where the scent can be detected by canines specially trained and acclimated to the particular VOCs.
Historically, canines have been used to detect numerous substances and harmful contraband such illegal drugs, bombs, and food and fruit illegally entering the country. More recently, several international airports have also begun to utilize Covid-19 sniffing dogs including in Chile, Helsinki and Dubai. Two recent studies show how properly trained canines can effectively detect COVID-19.
Canine Screening Process:
Each attendee will be required to wear a mask and enter a line outside the destination area that requires them to go through two canine screen checkpoints before they can enter. If an attendee tests positive in either the first or second screening, they are escorted out by staff members who will be wearing masks and gloves. Positive attendees will then be recommended to get secondary screening from their primary physician and to quarantine at home.
ADVANTAGES OF STEMBIOSCENT:
- Notwithstanding the recent attempt for numerous canine handlers to enter the market, the effective rate of detection is largely determined by the training protocol and type of canine. STEM-BIOSCENT has the largest stable of canines trained exclusive for COVID-19 virus strains.
- STEM-BIOSCENT employees low-aggression, non-threatening breeds with high sensitivity to VOCs. Our beagles ensure high rates of detection while minimizing the potentially threatening nature of larger/more aggressive breeds employed by other operations.
- Co-founder (Heather Junquira) is a world leading expert on using dogs for Covid detection. She is on the forefront of active research and study publications and is setting industry standards in training and execution.
- Co-founder ( Richard “Rick” Ambrozic) is an expert in Regenerative Medicine and Covid testing and provides invaluable expertise regarding medical protocols and sensitivity training-
- Key team-member (Andrew Gumper) is the owner of AG productions and Med Mod. He is a logistics and operations expert, having participated in countless live entertainment events from EDC Las Vegas and Coachella to the Super Bowl.